Seismic Aquisition 2D & 3D – Soyo – Zaire
In 2015, SOMOIL S.A. initiated the 2D Seismic Acquisition Project of 900 linear km in the northern part of the Concession, followed by the 3D Seismic Acquisition of 106 km² in the Cabeça de Cobra Oil Fields of Cabeça de Cobra in the FS/FST Associations, Soyo.
The aim of this project is to optimize the production fields’ development and assess the potential of pre-salt in this area.
The seismic acquisition will also contribute to:
- Better knowledge of the reserves
- Increased Production
- Increased efficiency of their drilling programs
The project was initiated by cutting and removing trees and other vegetation as well as demining, so as to open corridors to clear the way for equipment and seismic lines.
It will soon be interrupted due to heavy rainfall in the coming rainy season, but it should resume during the dry season in 2017.
Share This Post
- CEO Message – Thanks for Increasing Production Friday November 16th, 2018
- Certificate of Appreciation – Angolan Navy Monday January 29th, 2018
- International Gold Star 2010 Award Thursday March 30th, 2017
- Contaminated Land Treatment Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- Block CON-1 Project Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- Block 2/05 Operator Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- Seismic Aquisition 2D & 3D – Soyo – Zaire Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- Somoil Headquarters Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- NGOL Award – Lubricants Best Reseller 2015 Sunday August 7th, 2016